Mark Martin Race Summary: No. 55 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota driver Mark Martin finished 14th in Sunday’s 400-mile NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Chicagoland Speedway. The Michael Waltrip Racing driver started 15th and raced in the top 10 for most of the race. After running speeds comparable to the top five, a caution following a green flag pit stop forced Martin to take a wave around at lap 156. The team tried two- and four-tire stops, but could not get Martin in position to race with the leaders in the final third of the race. The No. 55 returns to action Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway with Brian Vickers behind the wheel of the Freightliner/Jet Edge Toyota. Martin returns to action in the Aaron’s Dream Machine at Dover on Sept. 30.
- Started 15th and finished 14th
- Ran in the top 10 for the first half of the race.
- Climbed as high as sixth after a two-tire stop.
- Brian Vickers drives the No. 55 next week at New Hampshire.
- Martin returns to action Sept. 30 in Dover.
MARTIN: “That was a tough afternoon. We got a decent finish in the Aaron’s Dream Machine, but I was hoping for a lot better. We raced hard all day long, but just couldn’t get the handle or the break we needed at the end.”
- Brad Keselowski won the race by 3.2 seconds over Jimmie Johnson.
- Kasey Kahne, Kyle Busch and Ryan Newman rounded out the top-five finishers.
- The race took two hours and 47 minutes.
- The race featured 16 lead changes among nine drivers.
- Four cautions slowed the race for 23 laps.
- NASCAR estimated the attendance at 65,000